Harper Planning Consultants provide a wide range of Heritage Management services relating to the historic environment. Our considerable experience dealing with listed buildings and conservation areas allows us to identify opportunities and constraints associated with heritage assets and thereby minimise the potential conflict between conservation and development.
In line with the Government’s latest policy advice for the built heritage, we seek to establish the significance of heritage assets early in the design process, and identify structures or features of architectural or historic interest. We advise clients on proposals for change or adaptation of historic buildings, ensuring that they are sympathetic to the heritage value.
Our Heritage Management services include:
- Heritage Asset Appraisals and Statements in support of applications involving listed buildings or development in a conservation area
- Submission of applications for listed building and conservation area consent
- Negotiating with local authorities and English Heritage on heritage asset matters
- Expert Witness at appeal hearings and inquiries on historic buildings and conservation areas
- Conservation area character appraisals, statements and guidance
- Advice on Statutory Listing and Certificate of Immunity.